Remilon is a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. We own and operate EducationPortal.com, which is the destination for millions of students to improve their grades and earn college credit. Education Portal offers self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Lead Software Test Engineer Position:
We are looking for a talented engineer to help build and lead a quality team and help maintain and grow our culture of quality throughout the development process. You must enjoy breaking things on purpose and helping others to make sure they don't break again.
- Develop and refine quality testing process
- Build a best-in-class quality team
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
- Create authoring methodology for use cases and user stories
- Collaborate with product and development teams to author use cases and user stories
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with development and product teams to identify/communicate defects and monitor resolutions
- Collect, analyze, track and report product and process metrics
- Create and execute unit, fixture, end-to-end, load, and heartbeat tests, both manually and automated
- Participate in group scrum and sprint development cycles
- 5+ years experience in Java software engineering, including J2EE technologies (both development and whitebox testing required)
- 3+ years experience in testing high availability, database-driven web applications
- 3+ years experience developing and testing large relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL and Cassandra preferred)
- 2+ years experience leading and mentoring a high-performance QA team
- Hands on mastery of testing automation including: JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, HtmlUnit, Selenium or other testing frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of Java 1.5+ (generics, autoboxing, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of white/gray/black box testing methodolies with hands-on experience
- Understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
- Experience with cross-browser testing and knowledge of common issues in different browsers
- Experience with XML technologies: XPATH, DOM, SAX, XSD
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux
- Experience with Maven/Ant and Bamboo/Hudson build and continuous integration technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Exposure to online marketing, search engine optimization and lead generation
- Use of an issue tracking system, such as JIRA
- Use of Confluence or other Wiki for documentation and specifications
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git/SVN
- Experience with SOA and testing component-based architecture
- Knowledge of application development frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience with ORM solutions, such as Hibernate
- Paired programming and agile software development experience
- Mastery of IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
- Familiarity with Groovy and Grails
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 6+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments